We asked ourselves what the Turbo-Dodge community was missing in a performance exhaust header. TU then went to the drawing board to design and ultimately produce our own unique version that gives this niche` market the extra advantages they’ve been waiting for.
Our primary objectives were to:
1) Reduce turbo removal and replacement time to under an hour WITHOUT having to pull the cylinder head. Not only does this save time, but, the cost of a new head gasket as well.
2) Allow the use of the stock style turbo as well as any TU TrannyBuster T3/T4 Hybrid & GT Dual Ball Bearing turbocharger without costly customization or fabrication.
3) Enhance turbo efficiency by eliminating the need for 90-degree elbows when using larger T04E, T04B, etc compressor housings.
4) Maintain compatibility with all 8-valve Turbo Dodge vehicles*
5) Maintain compatibility with other TU performance products (ie. 3" Swingvalve, 3" Downpipe, etc.).
6) Decrease spool time by incorporating step header design.
7) Offer a more affordable header option for the budget minded enthusiast.
8) Provide EGT bosses for all 4 cylinders including an additional one just before the turbo.
The TU Cast Iron header kit includes all the necessary components and extensions to keep installation simple and hassle free. Our Cast Iron Headers contain a high content of NI and SI providing superior strength in comparison to other aftermarket manifolds. They are reliable enough for every day use and rugged enough for extreme duty applications. We offer our Thermal Coating upgrade (see photo) to maintain maximum exhaust velocity, decrease under hood temperatures and to keep that header looking brand new all the time. Our step header design enhances exhaust flow even more by slowly increasing the log size from the number 1 to number 4 cylinders. An external wastegate actuator option is already incorporated into the header for those serious racers not using the standard swingvalve set up. Available for Chrysler or Ford turbine housings. Please be aware that these headers are NEW castings and not used products. *Fits all cable shifted vehicles. This includes models using A-525 when converted to cable shifter.
Due to variations in castings oil drainback tubes and flanges are not pre-assembled. Customer will need to align turbo oil drainback tubes and have welded. As with any cast iron product, slight core shift variations may be present. We strongly suggest port matching this product to the cylinder head and turbine housing in order to obtain the highest flow quality.
|Add Thermal Coating:
|Frequent Buyers Club Member: